Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fun, fun, fun!

In 2 weeks our annual spring fling quilting weekend occurs.  We go near Keepsake Quilting in NH and I can't wait.

I am beginning to line up my projects - ones not on the UFO list - but ones I'd like to begin or quick quilts for the weekend.  Sometimes I use the weekend to design or work out what I am doing, but  I did much of that on EQ7 and I can do a little more and I'll have a pattern made, complete with printouts of its finished look.  Its really great to do something like this for me.

  1. I learned how to scan in fabric for EQ7
  2. I learned how to make multiple copies of a quilt and change an few things on each one
  3.  I printed out some basic info on the cutting that will help me figure out the next steps in the design process.  
  4. I will have a plan and can get right down to it when we arrive in NH


The other great thing about this is that it is good preparation for my desire to make some patterns.  I look forward to a little time each week with EQ7 and to be in better shape to write patterns by the end of the May.