My 2016 row by row from Alewives Fabrics in Damariscotta, ME is finally done! I had the top done at the end of June and really thought I would have quilted it sooner, but it took awhile.
I really enjoyed quilting this.
- For the outside border, straight lines
- For the inner border, a wavy, rounded zig zag line
- For the sky and grass/hills, a wavy line.
This shows you a close up of the binding. I used a method I have used before and really like it from Sew Fresh Quilts. My only problem was I was really close on fabric and kept praying it would work - measuring it out was not an assurance that turning those corners would make it. In the end, I had about 6" of binding left - a little too close for my liking!
It's a simple table runner and I'll use it in my Maine cottage. I was thinking of hanging it over one of the doors in the upstairs, but I might need 4 to do that, so I will think about that and what I have left of other row by rows OR repeat one.
In the next week or so, I'll regroup on my UFOs. First, I must register two quilts for our guild in the fall (and finish one of them). I am really slowed up with the move, and my primary sewing study is a disaster. My goal is to have room to sew by Labor Day weekend.
Linking up to: Wednesday Wait Loss