Friday, December 22, 2017

Looking forward and backward - Goals for 2018








It's that time of year to look at what you have accomplished in 2017 and what I'd like to accomplish in 2018.

First, what I thought I would do in 2017

Shorter Term/Actionable Goals
DONE:

√ Join the #APQResolution2017 
√ Plan one quilt a every 3 months with EQ7 - using up 4 stash fabric piles 
(baby alphabet quilt, purple nine patch, typewriter quilt and north star pattern)
ALMOST DONE
Post weekly on my blog - 40 times and a few more entries to go
Post one tutorial in even months - 2 out of 6 published
NOT QUITE DONE:
Attend on major quilt show - booked MQX in April 2018
Work with 1-2 patterns to produce or submit in the fall - North Star "I Wish You a Merry QAL"
Quilt the Antique Grandmother Flower Garden - not done

To be fair you don't see selling and moving your house on my goals.  We decided to do it and I lost quite a few months (3 almost) in doing anything remotely quilt related.  So, all in all I think I did just fine.  



Big Picture Goals
√ Adventures with the new retiree - my husband (Cali, MN, moved, Bermuda)
√ Let go of quilt/craft tools I am not using - moving helped here
√ Learn some new skills in social media/publishing
√ Get to some of the household organizing projects  - again moving helped



Now, to my goals for 2018

Short Term Goals

#APQ UFO Resolution 2018 - join
Plan a few fun quilts - TBD - maybe 3 
Make a few benefit quilts
Write one pattern with North Star Block
Write one pattern with block from Fall QAL
Learn more about EQ8

Big Picture Goals
More adventures with my husband
Move to more professional blog/hosting site including patterns, video, and tutorials along or is it al for fun?

I have a big consulting project for Jan/Feb so I will be a little slower these months (the firm I do some work for is moving and I am one of the point people).  Also, I am waiting for news on whether there will be a monthly commitment - it will help with some short term goals but be hectic in Feb/Mar on the heels of the move.   (I know - another move!!)

I'm using the Arc planner from Staples.  It is easier for me to carry what I want with me, since we split our time between two places and one requires more compact packing as we don't always bring the car.  I love the Quilter's Planner, but not being in one place all the time made it hard to have such a big planner.


So, I think I will let it go as this for now!

Linking up with the 2018 Planning Party.