Saturday, April 30, 2016

Another UFO, some digressions, and a Graduation

I finished one more UFO.  I am not in love with it.  It was a peasant blouse I had been putting off for quite some time.  I am glad its done, and I will wear it, but I will think about whether to adjust the pattern more for my liking.  The instructions were not really the best.

I have made garments since the 70s, but not too many lately.  This was from a book called Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross.   It had no instructions for laying it out and I found it was nearly impossible on the piece of fabric I bought for it.   That being said, it was an easy pattern.  A few adjustments and I might love it as an option.

My digressions are around a part-time job that I have added to my plate.  It has taken me a bit away from my sewing and concentrating on my blog, but I hope to return to a more structured way of living soon, so that I get time for everything - new endeavor, part-time work at the quilt store, time in Maine and time with my loved ones.

Next up is a little quilt, although not quite done, it is a 12" block for our guild show in October.  The spring fling weekend added to my work in two ways:  a huge bag of strings to turn into a few benefit quilts and this mini block.  I couldn't abandon this fabric panel so it became a little quilt.  I'll quilt next week, and bind (or refresh a skill)


Last, but not least, John graduates in 18 days from Johns Hopkins!   I can hardly believe it - my baby is growing up.  I am so proud of him.