Friday, January 19, 2018

Progress.... A busy week for me



I worked on my Modified Trees by EvaPaige Quilt Designs.    My husband was out of town and I hibernated in my study.  It is quilted.  And, it is REQUILTED on one side.  I had eyelashes on the back and thought about letting it go, but I knew it was a mistake.  It took less than 40 minutes to do the whole thing - rip and quilt. 


While not a great picture,  am thinking of embellishing with the silver string to mimic lights. Not sure I love it so tonight I bought some flatback crystals and will place those  on it and see if I like that better.   The binding was made and attached, as well as my label.  It could very well be done by Sunday if I make up my mind.



This was my other project.  It is a Moda Fabric collection, Midnight Garden, by One Canoe Two, and I love it!  I won it on a blog contest and am really thrilled with it (and there is some still available).  I am using it in the Squiggles QAL with Christa Watson and I think it will be quite fun.  I have a few less than the pattern calls for, but I will just adjust.  I have what I won and I am not looking for more (except maybe for the back).  I think this will go together nicely.


I feel like I worked late a lot, and enjoyed it.  Because I have a work project at the the end of February and this QAL and the Island Batik program starting I wanted to push myself a bit.  So I think I did well:

  1. Washed, pressed cut Squiggles
  2. Quilted Modified Trees
  3. Made and attached binding for Modified Trees
TO DO for January month end:
  1. Make Squiggles blocks
  2. Assemble Squiggles blocks
  3. Embellish Modified Trees
February Includes the follownig:
  • Finish Loon
  • Two Island Batik smallish projects
  • and move an office of 20 people! 
So, wish me luck as I try to stay focused...  I think I can do it, but it will take some concentrating when I have time.  I am thinking about getting a little more control on my schedule and sticking to it!  Otherwise, there won't be time for just fun and I hate that.