Wednesday, January 31, 2018

OMG January Finish - My Funky Pine Trees



"My Funky Pine Trees" table runner is done.  I am glad as it has been a UFO for quite some time.  This was both my One Monthly Goal and one of my UFOs for my APQResolution and my 2018FQLAQ1.    I have to confess, some of those fabrics have been favorites of mine for a long time.  I loved using them again, and for many of them, it is their last appearance.




I heard Beth Helfter at Rising Star Quilters Guild many moons ago.  I bought the pattern, I did a little and then I got stuck.  I don't think the style is really me; that was what made it hard.  I like it done a whole lot more than I liked it half way done.  Trying new things, learning new techniques, new approaches is something I like to do.   I have never put jewels on a quilt before, but I rather like it.  I did it the simple way with Swarovski flatback crystals, like these and an embellishing glue.  I used my tweezers to place them.  Worked rather well, if I may say so.

Here are its stats:
My Funky Christmas Trees
17" x 42"
Batting:  Quilter's Dream Request
Machine Applique Thread:  YLI Machine Quilting 50 wt, #12V Jewel
Pieced and quilted by:  Kathleen Scargle McCormick

Linking up with:  
Elm Street Quilts -  One Monthly Goal
Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Bee Social
She Can Quilt - 2018FALQ1