Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Fancy Forrest Deux - OMG February Finish



I love this quilt!  It is the second time I made it, using many of the same fabrics from the first but a few changes.  The pattern is Fancy Forrest by Elizabeth Hartman and I just couldn't help myself.  I changed a few things.  I wanted my thistles to be purple and I wanted Frances the Firefly (not butterfly) to have a bright yellow bottom - all lit up - like fireflies are!



I was cutting it close with this thread when quilting!  I made it - although truth be told - I did have another similar looking spool (same color) in my stash.  Must be one I really like!



The back was a fabric I stashed for awhile.  Of course, it wasn't big enough so it has its own border.  I didn't use my printed labels as this is for a baby and I didn't want the label to be a problem. I will sign somewhere discretely or put a small label on this side when I know who is getting it.




 I did quilting with my Westalee ruler set on my Bernina 440.  It allows you to do straight lines and other lines with a little more precision.  I had fun figuring out little ways to enhance the critters and the thistle.


I liked giving Hazel the Hedgehog some spikey hair.


Frances the Firefly just got some curves added to her wings.


I am pleased it is done and think I know where it may go.  That is the really nice part, knowing the quilt will have a lovely wee one to smile at it.   If I hadn't set this goal, I am sure it would not have been done.  Thanks for the encouragement!  This quilt was on my list for OneMonthlyGoal, 2018APQ Resolution and 2018FalQ1.  So great to have it done.  



Linking up:  One Monthly Goal
                     2018FALQ1